Choosing and installing the right sod is very important to your lawn maintenance. We sell St. Augustine Floratam, Palmetto, Zoysia, Bahia and other specialty grasses (when available) upon request.
Sod is fresh cut and delivered daily to assure the best quality possible. Sold by the pallet, half pallet or by the piece. Our fresh sod is available for pick up or delivery.
Call today to place your order, check pricing and availability on the right sod for your lawn.
1 piece of sod is 16″ x “24”, which equals 2.75 square feet
A 500 square feet pallet contains approximately 180 pieces of sod.
To calculate how many pieces of sod you need, Measure total area (length x width) and divide by 2.75
Example: Area to lay sod is 10 ft x 10 ft = 100 sq ft. 100 sq ft divided by 2.75 = 36 pieces
Area = Length x Width
Area Calculations: Draw your site on paper as accurately as possible. Remember, Area = Length x Width.
Please Note: Calculators are an approximation only, as projects differ.
Sod is sold for $1.75 per piece
Price subject to change at any time without notice.
Discounted price is given for purchase of entire pallet.
Pallet of sod weighs about 2,000 lbs, more if rainy.
Dimensions are 4′ x 4′ on the pallet, averages 5′ high.
Must have truck or trailer to handle weight and size.
- Lay sod immediately within 24 hours after delivery.
- Lay sod pieces close together to avoid gaps.
- Water sod immediately after installation.
- Water sod 2″ per day for at least 14 days after installation.
- In hot weather, soak sod thoroughly every day.
- Do not fertilize new sod – Do not allow new sod to dry out.
- Watering is the key until your new sod is matured (45 days).
- Do not forget to mow within approximately 10 to 14 days after installation.