EMPIRE zoysia is a revolutionary medium-bladed, dark green zoysiagrass that features excellent wear tolerance, requires less mowing and chemical applications and is chinch bug resistant. More importantly, EMPIRE Turf allows the water supply to be shut off in severe periods of drought without the danger of permanently harming the lawn. EMPIRE Turf…one lawn…many benefits. EMPIRE is the perfect choice for most home lawns as well as golf applications. EMPIRE is The Proven Zoysia grass, thriving in areas where others are not well adapted.
- Lay sod immediately within 24 hours after delivery.
- Lay sod pieces close together to avoid gaps.
- Water sod immediately after installation.
- Water sod 2″ per day for at least 14 days after installation.
- In hot weather, soak sod thoroughly every day.
- Do not fertilize new sod – Do not allow new sod to dry out.
- Watering is the key until your new sod is matured (45 days).
- Do not forget to mow within approximately 10 to 14 days after installation.
1 piece of sod is 16″ x “24”, which equals 2.75 square feet
A 500 square feet pallet contains approximately 180 pieces of sod.
To calculate how many pieces of sod you need, Measure total area (length x width) and divide by 2.75
Example: Area to lay sod is 10 ft x 10 ft = 100 sq ft. 100 sq ft divided by 2.75 = 36 pieces
Area = Length x Width
Area Calculations: Draw your site on paper as accurately as possible. Remember, Area = Length x Width.
Please Note: Calculators are an approximation only, as projects differ.